Company: ATW Pro Grade
Apply by sending resume to: email@example.com
The plant human resource generalist is responsible for providing HR duties on a professional level to support both the plant and the overall goals and objectives of the corporation. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction, administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Implements programs that drive employee engagement and reduces turnover
- · Gathers and analyzes employee turnover and implements actions to reduce turnover.
- · Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- · Administers the compensation program (pay change requests; 90/180/365-day increases and pay reviews)
- · Monitors the performance evaluation program and ensures supervisors provide timely completion and feedback to employees.
- · Drives recruiting strategy and activity to ensure the “best hire”. Coaches management on hiring and staffing decisions.
- · Assists in preparation of various human resources reports and maintains Office 365 Manufacturing PowerPoint site for plant data.
- · Recommends new approaches and processes to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- · Ensures timely and accurate completion of all new-hire paperwork.
- · Ensures new hire paperwork is scanned daily and all originals are sent to corporate human resources in a timely manner.
- · Ensures pre-employment drug testing is done correctly and timely.
- · Responsible for ensuring the validity and accuracy of all forms of identification provided for I-9s and ensuring compliance the I-9 document and submittal within appropriate time frame for E-verify.
- · Coordinates new hire onboarding for all plant employees.
- · Enters new employees into time clocks
- · Verifies weekly time report and submits to corporate Payroll on Mondays and Thursdays.
- · Posts / communicates important company activities and updates
- · Maintains the plant presentation for the “cloud screen” and other plant communication tools
- · Submits all requests for employment verifications, garnishments, child support and unemployment to Corporate Human Resources.
- · Performs clerical functions as directed.
- · Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Incumbent will follow other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties from time to time if requested by department management
- · HR Expertise
- · Employee Relations
- · Decision Making
- · Communication
- · Coaching
- · Consultation
- · Ethical Practice
- · Relationship Management
- · High School Diploma or equivalent
- · Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources or equivalent (preferred),
- · Three to five years of HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- · This is a full-time position, typically Monday through Friday, but may take more than 40 hours per week to routinely accomplish job requirements.
- · Weekends may be required for special events or circumstances.